Monday, March 4, 2024

Hidden Gems In Peoria: Po Boys On Frostwood

 Hi yall,


Outside
I was craving seafood this week and I haven't had a po boy in a while. There used to be this place I would go to back home that had delicious shrimp po-boy sandwiches but it recently closed. I found this cool place called Po Boys On Frostwood located farther up north in Peoria across from the Willow Knolls Shopping Center.
It was more of a tavern-type establishment that had a New Orleans theme twist to it. The place was decorated with Mardi Gras streamers and colors. It also had lots of paintings related to blues and jazz music. It was a really nice environment. The menu had a lot of different options especially a good amount of cajun cuisine that you would find in New Orleans. Some of the offerings included gumbo, jambalaya, creole chicken salad, and shrimp and grits. I was craving a shrimp po boy so I decided to get that.
Shrimp Po Boy

It consisted of fried shrimp (cajun style), lettuce, and tomato, with special sauce on a lightly toasted sandwich bun along with a side of fries. It was just as good as expected it to be.  The pieces of shrimp were crunchy and spicy with enough flavor wanting me to have more. It was surprisingly filling with good enough portion sizes to leave me full. Overall it was a nice quick meal and I would definitely go back for more. I would recommend this place if you're a fan of Po Boys or enjoy cajun food. It will not disappoint!

Rating: 9.5/10

1 comment:

  1. Honestly sounds like my type of place. I appreciate this review because it honestly might be a place I have to try in the future. I love shrimp and spicy foods, but I've never heard of a Po boy sandwich before. So this will be new to me. Thanks for a great review

    ReplyDelete

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Kuchie's on the Water

 Hi yall,  This week, my friend and I were in the mood for some bar food. We found this place called Kuchies on the Water which is a restaur...