Sunday, April 21, 2024

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Kuchie's on the Water

 Hi yall, 

This week, my friend and I were in the mood for some bar food. We found this place called Kuchies on the Water which is a restaurant over in Creve Couer. It wasn't really far away from campus at all and took us 13 minutes to get there. Kuchies on the Water is a restaurant on the Illinois River and it reminds me of all the different restaurants I would go to on the lake at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri.


It has a feel inside that makes you think you're somewhere warm, especially with the waterfront deck and the river in the background. Some of the decorations they have to remind you of the beach or somewhere tropical as well. On their menu, they have a lot of typical bar food like burgers, potato skins, and pork tenderloin sandwiches but the thing that stands out to you the most is the shakes and bloody marys. These specialty shakes looked insanely good based on the photos they had displayed in the restaurant. The toppings on the shake added an extra flare to them that made it more unique than just a typical shake. These shakes would also be seasonal as well for example they had one recently for Easter that had peeps and candy as the toppings. 


Unfortunately, I decided against a shake because I didn't think I would have finished it and it was pretty expensive. We decided to get an order of garlic cheese curds as an appetizer to begin with and they were surprisingly really yummy but we didn't get as many curds as we thought. After that, I decided to get a topless beach burger which was an open-faced burger topped with BBQ pulled pork, slaw, and pepperjack cheese. It was an idea similar to a "Horseshoe" or "Ponyshoe" where you would have a piece of meat with friends on top of a piece of bread topped with cheese. The topless beach burger was much different than I expected it to be. For one I didn't realize there was slaw on the burger until it came out. I didn't mind it but the issue was that slaw is usually served cold and it being served with the warm burger made it a weird temp for coleslaw. I also thought the bread they served it on wasn't that great and made me wish I just had two buns instead. However, the meat was very good, and loved the fact I got a hint of BBQ in a sandwich. 

Overall this is a really fun place to go with friends especially because of the environment. 

Rating: 7/10


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I have actually heard about this place, but I have never been. Based on the pictures you provided, this looks really good. I am a very big environment person, so I'm glad that it enhanced your experience. I hope I am able to give this place a try before I leave Peoria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about this place and every year been meaning to go to try out there bloody mary. From your experience it definitely seems like it is worth the visit as well as trying out the garlic cheese curds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Peoria native, I would definitely prefer to have dinner on an ocean or somewhere with cleaner water, but Kuchies is still a fun place to go to. I have not gotten a shake there either, but they are always on my Facebook feed, and it seems like people around here love to see the new shakes.

    ReplyDelete

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Kuchie's on the Water

 Hi yall,  This week, my friend and I were in the mood for some bar food. We found this place called Kuchies on the Water which is a restaur...