Monday, April 15, 2024

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Sushigawa

Hi yall, 

This week I decided to try a place over by the mall called Sushigawa. I looked at the food reviews and some of them had photos of the sushi that looked pretty appetizing. I've always been a big fan of sushi with my favorite kind being spicy crab rolls or spicy tuna rolls. As I walked into Sushigawa, it looked very authentic right off the bat. For one, the atmosphere felt cozy and had a lot of decorations representative of Japanese culture.

I felt confident in thinking this sushi would be really good. I decided to get a Volcano roll and a spicy crab roll. The Volcano roll had spicy baked maki and cream cheese inside it and the spicy crab roll had crab, avocado, and spicy sauce. I've always thought it was super annoying when there would be fewer sushi pieces than expected and I felt like this was the case with the specialty roll I ordered. I was expecting more than 8 pieces but unfortunately, I only got 8. I know this complaint may seem ridiculous but if I'm paying for $15 worth of sushi I would expect there to be more than 8 and on top of that I felt like the volcano roll was not that great.

However, the spicy crab roll was very yummy and made up for the other roll. The spicy crab roll had the perfect amount of spice and crunch too. I usually like my roll to be fairly spicy but I didn't even need to add more spicy mayo to it because the spicy sauce they added did the trick. I would also like to add even though 8 pieces of sushi didn't feel like it was enough for me, it certainly was because I ended up being full after I ate the last piece. This was a solid sushi place and I would definitely recommend it. The service was also really speedy as well. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a big fan of sushi and I also don't like how expensive it is for how little you're getting. Besides that, I wanted to say that I have also gone to Sushigawa. I only went once though with my friend. It was a very sudden plan because we were at Ross and then we just decided to go and get something to share so we only got one item. My friend went there before and suggested the Sushigawa roll since she had that before and loved it so we ordered that. It was really yummy and I want to have it again and maybe try some of their other rolls if I go in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love sushi and sushigawa has always been one of my go to's. U need to try the godzila roll

    ReplyDelete

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Kuchie's on the Water

 Hi yall,  This week, my friend and I were in the mood for some bar food. We found this place called Kuchies on the Water which is a restaur...