Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Richard's Under Main

The "Lucky Luciano"
The Entrance to Richard's Under Main

Hi everyone! 

I discovered a unique establishment in downtown Peoria called Richard's Under Main located right on Main Street. As the name suggests, this is a restaurant underneath the street. There is a big colorful glowing sign along the street so you don't miss it. They serve steaks til 4 am. I think it's a really cool concept to have for a restaurant. The environment underneath is cozy and very tavern-like almost similar to a speakeasy where people would drink in the 1920s. It felt very clean and quiet throughout the space. They had a main bar along with a dining area for those to sit at. I really liked the menu options as well with most of them being very traditional bar food options. I decided to have a burger called the "Lucky Luciano" which had melted mozzarella, fried dill pickles, and ranch on it along with a side of tatter tots. It was probably one of the best burgers I had in Peoria. I'd highly recommend this place to those looking for the next dinner with a friend or family member. 



Rating: 8.5/10

2 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten out anywhere near as much as I should in my time at Bradley, so I had no idea that this place existed. It looks amazing, and I'm impressed with what you wrote. It seems like it would be really hard to keep a place underneath a road clean, so it's great to hear that they do a good job. Regular bar food can be found anywhere, but the setting makes it unique enough to really stand out. I'll probably bring my dad here sometime in the next month or so. Thanks for telling us about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richards was a Peoria staple for a long time, and then closed for several years. Glad to hear that it's making good food now that it is reopened. Also, Luciano was a local newspaper guy who had a very popular column about all things Peoria. He's still in the local news biz, but more freelance.

    ReplyDelete

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Kuchie's on the Water

 Hi yall,  This week, my friend and I were in the mood for some bar food. We found this place called Kuchies on the Water which is a restaur...