Thursday, February 22, 2024

Hidden Gems In Peoria: Connected

Hi y'all, 

This week I had the privilege of going to Connected this week for a work dinner and to my surprise it was some of the best food I've had in while. For those of you who are unaware, Connected is an Italian restaurant that's located on University right by Walmart. I didn't know what to expect other than high-quality food and atmosphere and that's exactly what I got. Right when I walked through the door I was greeted with a beautiful interior with small ponds of water and rocks. As we reached the main dining room it was dark but had this charm to it that made you feel like you were important. Our dining room was one of the private dining rooms they had meant for 20 people. We were given a menu with a lot of options that sounded so good.
My meal from Connected

I decided to order the Bistecca Al Barolo which was a filet mignon in a barolo wine sauce with caramelized pearl onions and mushrooms. Along with that, I had a side of potatoes and a glass of wine. The meat was cooked to perfection and could easily be chewed which I liked. It had a very rich flavor to it that was representative of the wine sauce. It was also the right amount of food as well. We also had dessert as well which included Pasticeria Assorta which was an assortment of Italian desserts some I didn't even know existed. Overall, I had a really amazing experience at this place and while i
t's expensive, I would highly recommend coming here at some point with friends, family, or with your partner. The food will not disappoint.

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny to be walking toward the giant BINGO Hall sign, and then open a door to an amazing atmosphere and lovely food.

    ReplyDelete

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Kuchie's on the Water

 Hi yall,  This week, my friend and I were in the mood for some bar food. We found this place called Kuchies on the Water which is a restaur...