Saturday, March 23, 2024

Hidden Gems In Peoria: Dog Haus

 Hi yall, 



I typically try to support local restaurants and not chains but I had a friend recommend this one to me and that I should go grab a bite at the Dog Haus on University St. This place is a chain that started in Pasadena, California in 2010 but I had never heard of it. Don't be fooled by the name though, they have other menu options other than hot dogs. They offer burritos, sausages, and burgers served on grilled King’s Hawaiian rolls. What really struck me is the fact this place is open from 8 am til 2 am every day which I feel like as an employee would just be a nightmare! This place has outdoor seating and a beer garden as well. Overall it felt like a clean spacious environment 


Unfortunately, I decided to not go with one of the hot dog options that looked delicious. Instead, I went with one of their Haus Burgers, the Holy Aoli, and tater tots. It had 
white American cheese, smoked bacon, caramelized onions & garlic aioli atop a smash burger made with hormone- and antibiotic-free Creekstone Farms' premium Angus beef; on grilled king's Hawaiian rolls. This was so much different compared to other burgers I had in the past because of it being on four different roles. I decided to break teacher one into a mini slider but I really could have had it eaten it as a whole. The burger meat was similar to what you would find at Smashburger which is what I really like. After one bit, I was blown away. This is such a great burger because of all the different flavors from the toppings I mentioned above. It was like each bite surpassed the previous one because it was that good. I really wanna try to make something at home now that I've tried this. I would highly HIGHLY recommend Dog Haus if you're looking for some good bar food in Peoria!


Rating: 10/10

2 comments:

  1. This is really good to know! My boyfriend told me about this place, I think he saw it on social media and found out there is one in Peoria. We have been meaning to give it a try, but we have not done so yet. The food looks delicious, and I’m glad you said it is a nice clean place. I think my boyfriend and I will definitely have to put this higher up on our list of places to go next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving me another place to add on my list of restaurants to try in Peoria. I love a good burger and from your experience I think I'll find just that at this spot. Me and my teammates loving trying new restaurants so I know they'll be really excited about this one!

    ReplyDelete

Hidden Gems in Peoria: Kuchie's on the Water

 Hi yall,  This week, my friend and I were in the mood for some bar food. We found this place called Kuchies on the Water which is a restaur...